Would like to raise $5,050 more at your organization’s next event?
Are you tired of running all over town picking up donated gift cards for your silent auction which don’t even sell for face value?
Then try a wishboard at your next event and raise more money with less effort.
So, what’s a wishboard?
A wishboard is a stand alone donation board. It consists of 100 spaces where event attendees can make a donation to the organization in any amount from $1 to $100. Once a board is filled the organization has raised $5,050 in contributions.
Typically, wishboard supporters will also support other event fundraising opportunities (e.g. silent and live auction). The wishboard amounts are small. Because of this, wishboard support is often given in addition to other contributions.
Wishboards are an easy way to get more revenue from your event with minimal effort from staff and volunteers.
Here’s a sample of what one looks like …
How does it work?
Adding a wishboard to your next event is quite simple. Here are the steps …
1) Select a specific project or program for which to fundraise (this works far better than unrestricted operating support as it’s something your organization is “wishing for” but does not currently have the funds to purchase);
2) Have a wishboard designed (we can help with this);
3) Decide how the board will be displayed/featured;
4) Assign staff or volunteers to the wishboard at the event and make sure they are trained on what to say (“Would you like to sponsor a few spots on our wishboard? It’s funding ______________.”);
5) Make the purchase process as seamless as possible (Are you using names or bidder numbers? Can they pay instantly via credit card?);
6) Capture contact information so you can follow up after the event to say thank you and keep in touch with them.
How do I make it happen?
You now know everything you need to know in order to add a wishboard to your next event.
Your designer and printer can easily create a wishboard for you.
But to make it even easier, we offer custom wishboards shipped to your door in 3 weeks for just $150 plus tax. If you fill the board that’s $4,900 for your organization after the expense of the board.